Happy Sunday! I was thinking of featuring a favorite snack on Sundays. Thoughts?
Today we’re chomping on roasted chickpeas. In the spirit of this wonderfully quick snack, I’ll keep today’s post short & sweet, but mostly savory.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large baking sheet lined with foil or parchment
- Paper towels or a very clean dish towel
- 1 29oz can of chickpeas, drained OR 2 15oz cans, drained
- olive oil
- any other herb/spice your heart desires
- Preheat the oven to 400. f you haven’t already, drain the chickpeas in the colander.
- Carefully and slowly pour the chickpeas onto a dish towel or layer of paper towels on the counter. Dry the chickpeas until they have an almost matte like texture. Air drying works great too.
- Transfer to the foil/parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1-2 tbsp olive oil and stir to evenly coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for a total of 30 minutes, checking and stirring every 10 minutes, until chickpeas are lightly browned. Caution when stirring the chickpeas while they’re baking- some might pop at you!
- Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl. Toss with your favorite spices. I have a homemade za’atar blend that I like to put on chickpeas, yogurt, and popcorn. Enjoy!
Tip: These are seriously the best when they are warm. Also, while these are delightful and vegan, chickpeas are high in protein and in calories so be sure to eat the amount that works for your diet.