I’ve written before about my garden’s ridiculous zucchini growth. These plants are producing at a wild rate and keeping up with them has been challenging (and there’s FIVE of us in this garden bed!) After a disastrous attempt to simply saute zucchini, I decided that I’m going to stick to the semi-unhealthy route of covering everything in breadcrumbs and/or frying. I wish those solutions could be applied to every problem! But alas, my desire to find a healthy way to consume everything inspired these oven baked fries. I served these with cumin & mint yogurt.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into batons
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Seasoning of your choice: paprika, basil, salt, oregano to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 420.
- Set up your dredging station: a shallow bowl with the egg, another shallow bowl with the breadcrumbs and seasoning, a foil lined baking sheet lightly greased with olive oil.
- Take a zucchini stick and dip it in the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet, leaving some space in between each fry. Repeat until you run out of zucchini.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes and flip the fries. Bake for another 8-9 minutes until both sides are golden and crispy. Serve with an aioli, hummus, yogurt sauce, etc.