Happy Mother’s Day! Today we made mini frittatas with some whole grain toast and seitan bacon. Frittatas are super easy to make and very filling. All of the ingredients (except the seitan bacon) are from the farmers’ market.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-3 leaves of kale, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3-4 tops of shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread slices, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly brush 6 muffin cups with 1 tsp olive oil.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add kale, spring onions, and mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until the greens are completely wilted.
- Evenly spoon the veggies into the muffin cups and evenly top with cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and the milk together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs into the muffin cups until they are mostly filled. Bake for 20-22 minutes until center has set and the tops are brown.