Spring Sandwich: Roasted Carrot & Tempeh with Ramps & Arugula
- 1 8oz package of tempeh, cut lengthwise and then into thin strips widthwise
- 3 medium carrots, julienned (white, orange, purple)
- 4-6 ramps, white part only, sliced. Reserve the greens for later.
- Handful of arugula
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp stone ground brown mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup or agave
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Prepare the tempeh, carrots, and ramps and put into a large baking dish.
- Prepare the marinade by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over the tempeh, carrots, and ramps.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tempeh is cooked through. Remove the tempeh from the dish and set on a separate plate. Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and mix in the ramp greens. Bake for another 10 minutes until carrots a fork can go through the carrots with little resistance (I like mine crisper.) This is also when you’d throw in a pita to toast up. You can also throw the tempeh in for a couple of minutes towards the end to warm it back up.
- When the carrots and ramp greens are finished, mix back with the tempeh (if you haven’t already) and put onto the toasted pita. Throw some arugula on top and enjoy!