· ½ cup of quinoa, cooked in 1 cup of water
· 2 tbsp of olive oil
· ½ medium red onion, chopped
· 1-2 sliced carrots, medium thick
· Large handful of chopped kale
· Juice from ½ lemon
· Crumbled feta (as much as you care for)
· ½ avocado
· White pepper, cumin, coriander, basil, salt to taste
1. Prepare the quinoa as you normally would. Once it is tender, move to a separate bowl. Return the pot to the stove.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots, sauté until halfway tender. Add kale a bit at a time and cook until slightly wilted.
3. Once the vegetables are done cooking, turn off the heat and return the quinoa to the pot (or the veggies to the quinoa bowl). Mix in 1 tbsp of olive oil, the lemon juice, spices (a dash of each), and feta. Taste and see which spices you think you need more- I like mine very peppery with a hint of cumin and coriander.
4. Before you serve, add feta and avocado. Enjoy this quinoa warm or cold!