I’m embarrassed to say that before this evening, I did not have a chili recipe posted on my site! I make chili pretty often- it’s a great way to clean out your fridge and it’s packed full of hearty, healthy veggies. I prefer my chili to be on the spicy side so I added a bunch of cumin and a large jalapeno pepper. The recipe below is pretty mild but feel free to add or omit as you please!
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small/medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 24 oz chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop all of the vegetables and put into a medium crock pot.
- Add the spices and let simmer on high for 2 hours (or low for 3).
- When the vegetables are tender, add the beans and let simmer for another hour or so, depending on how hungry you are. The longer you let it simmer, the better!
- Top with cheese, yogurt, cilantro or pair with your favorite roll or cornbread. Serve hot. Enjoy!