Thai Cucumber Salad
• 1 large cucumber, ribboned
• Handful of cashews or peanuts, chopped
• 3 tbsp red onion, minced
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame or peanut oil
• Juice from 1/2 a lime
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 fresh Thai chili pepper, minced (Chili pepper flakes will do)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. With a peeler, ribbon the cucumber into long strips in a medium bowl.
2. Toss the remaining ingredients. Adjust the taste to your preferred spiciness. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is best served immediately. Use a bit of sugar to cut the heat if it is too strong.