Are you finding yourself a little burdened by the amount of leafy greens in your fridge? One of my favorite ways to consume those bouquets of green goodness is by doing as little as possible but getting the fullest flavor. I apologize for the lack of a creative name for it. It’s kind of just what it is!
Leafy Greens on Toast with Goat Cheese
- 4-5 stalks of your favorite leafy green, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of liquid aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Goat cheese
- 1-2 slices of hearty bread
- Toast bread to your preference.
- Wash and chop the greens, ginger, and shallot.
- In a small pan, heat olive oil. Add ginger and shallot when it’s hot.
- Allow ginger and shallot to caramelize. Add greens and cook until wilted.
- Add liquid aminos, cook for one more minute.
- When greens are finished, put them on the toast and crumble some goat cheese on top. Enjoy!