It’s hot. Ice cream trucks are everywhere. Fire hydrants are being opened.
The last thing I’m sure anyone wants to do during the heat is cook. Just the idea of being near an oven makes me sweat! On those days that you really can’t stand the heat of the kitchen, think about preparing a salad that is easy and quick. This tomato & corn salad is filling and refreshing and goes great with barbeque.
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 2 lbs grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeños, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1/4 lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeños, oil, and lime. Season with salt and pepper.