- 1 13-15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 cherry hot pepper (or any hot pepper), chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange- mix it up!), chopped
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse black beans and set aside.
- Chop all veggies and mix in a large bowl. Add black beans.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad, squeeze the lime, and season to taste.
- Serve immediately or chilled. It will be even better if you let it sit overnight in the fridge.
Note: You really can’t go wrong with this salad. Add quinoa, corn, avocado. Serve with pita, tortillas, or crusty bread. Throw in a pot or wrap in foil and grill it. The possibilities are endless!