Pasta and Broccolini in a Smoked Gouda Sauce
• 8 oz. uncooked good quality pasta
• 1 bunch broccolini, cleaned and chopped (shave stems if needed)
• 3/4 cup (6 oz.) 2% milk (soy milk makes it sweeter)
• 6 oz. smoked gouda, shredded
• 1 can of cannellini beans, drained
• 1 tsp stone ground mustard
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
• Zest from one lemon
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare pasta as directed. One minute before the pasta is finished cooking, add broccolini. Drain pasta and broccolini and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients (minus beans) and whisk until smooth. Add cannellini beans. Adjust seasoning to taste.
3. Combine pasta and sauce in a serving dish and stir to ensure that the pasta is evenly coated. Let sit for two minutes, stir again, and serve. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.