I only enjoy asparagus during one time of the year: spring. If you go to the farmers’ market, I’m sure you’ll find large bunches of the spears for about $5.00.
• One bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed and stalks shaved slightly
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet in foil.
2. Preparing asparagus before laying them flat on the foil.
3. Drizzle olive oil on asparagus and sprinkle salt on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. When asparagus is nearly tender (use a fork to test), sprinkle parm on top. Bake until asparagus is finished.
Note: Obviously, omit parm for vegan dish.