I posted a recipe before for brownies but I wasn’t very happy with it. This recipe is a step closer to the fudgy, gooey brownies I grew up with. Whatever you do, do not skip the chocolate chips. They change everything!
Gooey Vegan Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 tbsp high fat cocoa (if you have it, omit if you don’t)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup canola oil (1 cup apple sauce if you’re doing low fat)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 8×8 baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
3. In a larger bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
4. Combine dry to wet and mix until there are no lumps. Add chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Enjoy!