· 2 cups flour
· 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1 cup sugar
· 2/3 cup brown sugar YOU DON’T USE BROWN SUGAR: 2 tablespoons molasses and 2/3 cups regular sugar
· 2/3 cup Earth Balance butter or canola oiL
· 1 cup canned pumpkin, or cooked pureed pumpkin
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
· 1/2 cup golden raisins and/or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two baking sheets with canola oil or Earth Balance.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.
3. In a larger, separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, molasses/brown sugar, pumpkin and vanilla and flax seeds thoroughly mixed. Slowly add dry ingredients. Fold in raisins or choco chips.
4. On a baking sheet, drop by rounded table spoons. They won’t spread much so you an leave about an inch between each cookie. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 F in the middle of the oven. Once the first batch is done, rotate to the other baking sheet.
5. When the bottoms are slightly browned, remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Feel free to whip up some icing to top them off!
Bourbon Maple Icing
· 1 tbsp bourbon
· 1 tbsp maple syrup
· ½ tbsp soy milk
· Confectioner’s sugar
1. Mix together until thick by adding more sugar and bits of liquid as you go.