I’ve said this before and I will never hesitate to say it again- I adore Terry Walters. This recipe is from her book, Clean Food. I made some minor adjustments based on what I had in my fridge. You can’t go wrong with ANY of her recipes- they’re simple, clean, and delicious.
I served the tempeh with baked risotto and quick-boiled broccoli with sesame oil. The broccoli is easy- chop into florets, boil until just green and tender. Lightly drizzle sesame oil and rice vinegar on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds and salt!
This recipe is super easy and it is must-make.
• 2 8 oz packages of tempeh (I prefer the kind with flax)
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Cut the tempeh across into 1/2 inch strips. Steam for approximately 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a shallow baking pan, mix together the rest of the ingredients with a whisk. Marinate tempeh for 30 minutes, 15 minutes on each side.
- Bake for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!