• ½ pound whole wheat fettuccine
• 4 cups loosely packed thinly sliced greens (I used Swiss Chard
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
• ½ cup pumpkin puree
• 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
• 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Parmesan or nutritional yeast
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the fettuccine for approximately 9 minutes. Then, add greens and cook for 60 seconds. Drain, toss with a bit of olive oil, and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium. Stir in flour. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Do NOT walk away from the stove while you’re cooking this sauce- it will burn.
3. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sauce will bubble and brown.
4. Slowly add non-dairy milk and use a whisk to stir it in. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add pumpkin, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until it becomes thick like alfredo.
6. Toss with the pasta and serve immediately. Top with cheese or nutritional yeast.