Cookie Fest: Part 3
Makes 12 cookies
Look, I’m not going to lie. I don’t know if there is a way to recreate the crunchy, chewy consistency the egg whites give to these cookies. I’ve tried three different methods tonight: agave, coconut milk, water. Nothing worked. The recipe I’m posting is the closest I got but I could really use some pointers when it comes to replacing egg whites in vegan recipes.
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water (plus more if needed)
- 1/2 coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Use a non-stick baking sheet.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Make patties and put on baking sheet. Bake on the top rack until brown on the bottom.