Here’s part two of Cookie Fest 2011. These chocolate chip cookies are slightly salty with the perfect amount of sweet. They are chewy but crunchy on the bottom (I think the turbinado plays a huge role in this!). I promise these will be a hit with anyone who takes a bite!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy/almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp dark molasses or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips)
- Combine the two and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the spoonful onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 14 cookies