While homemade falafel is preferable, we don’t always have the time to devote to making delicious chickpea balls. This recipe features a box mix that we enjoy in my apartment.
- 1 box Near East Falafel mix
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced into quarters
- 2 carrots, shredded
- Shredded lettuce
- Pitas or flatbread
- Homemade hummus
- Prepare falafel as directed on the box.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly spread olive oil evenly on a baking sheet.
- Falafel should be 2inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then flip. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
While you are baking the falafel, chop the vegetables. Assemble and enjoy!
Hint: Never refrigerate tomatoes. It makes them mealy and fall apart!